If you’re looking for worktop materials, you’ve probably encountered granite and quartz. What you might not be aware of is that there is now a whole new product that can unite the benefits of those two materials.
That product is Dekton.
Dekton is made using the same raw materials that make up glass, porcelain, and quartz surfaces. Creating a sophisticated blend of those materials through a state of the art process, Dekton creates something in hours that would have taken mother nature millennia, but it’s also quite distinct from other manmade products.
Those traditional manmade materials tend to use 7% resin to hold themselves together, but Dekton has innovated beyond that method to ensure that it cannot be damaged by the common household chemicals, such as bleach, drain cleaners, and oven degreasers, that are the perennial antagonists of other stone slabs.
What you’re left with is a highly resilient stone that is available in 15 different colours, three thicknesses, and three finishes across three different collections: Solid Collection, Natural Collection and Tech Collection. You can have Dekton almost any way you want it.
Further advantages that come with Dekton include:
- UV Resistance: When quartz is struck by UV light it tends to discolour, which can leave oddly-coloured patches across the surface. This is not a problem with Dekton, making it ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Incredibly Scratch-Resistant: With Dekton, you never need to worry about slipping with a knife and causing a deep gouge in the surface of your worktop. In fact, Dekton boasts the most scratch resistant surface on the market.
- Stain Proof: Some stones, such as marble, are very easy to stain, others, such as granite, are relatively stain-resistant. Dekton accepts nothing less than a completely stain-proof surface. Even the darkest of red wines and coffees can be easily wiped away without any worries of leaving a mark.
- Highly Resistant to Fire and Heat: When you subject Dekton to extreme temperatures, it can stand up to the heat without taking burns, scorches, or cracks. When you’re carrying a hot pan, just place it right down on your counter without a care.
- Highly Resistant to Abrasion: Granite used to be unrivalled when it came to resisting abrasion, but Dekton has toppled it from the top spot. Other surfaces might develop wear over time, but even Dekton placed in high traffic areas will last for years without ever requiring resurfacing or refinishing.